Sacred spaces and stunning landscapes! Magnificent temples, mountain passes, snow-capped peaks, nomad camps & pilgrims. This is truly a journey to stir the senses and nourish the soul. Explore the holy city of Lhasa, a city of marvels where history and art, commerce and religion meld into an unforgettable experience. Marvel at the great monastic complexes of Gyantse, Shigatse and Sakya. The 3 day circumambulation of the world's most sacred mountain is tough, but cleanses you of the sins of a lifetime. Relax afterwards beside Lake Manasarovar, legendary source of the four great rivers of South Asia. Of all the destinations in Asia, this is the most sacred and sublime.
- Jokhang Temple: The spiritual heart of Tibet
- Potala Palace: The residence of the Dalai Lamas
- The towering Maitreya and ornate reliquary stupas in Tashilumpo Monastery, Shigatse
- Pelkor Choede and the unique Gyantse Kumbum, Gyantse
- The fortified monastery at Sakya: once the political heart of Tibet
- The incredible landscapes of western Tibet
- Sacred Mount Kailash and a 3 day kora
- Lake Manasarovar: legendary birthplace of the great rivers
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu or Chengdu.
Day 02: Kathmandu or Chengdu.
Day 03: Fly Lhasa (3,658m) - 1 hr, Arrive Lhasa - 1hr 30mins.
Day 04: Lhasa.
Day 05: Lhasa.
Day 06: Lhasa.
Day 07: Gyantse (3,950m) - 8 hrs.
Day 08: Shigatse (3,900m) - 3 hrs.
Day 09: Shigatse.
Day 10: Sakya (4,050m) - 6 hrs.
Day 11: Saga (4,600m) - 7 hrs.
Day 12: Paryang (4,750m) - 6 hrs.
Day 13: Darchen (4,675m) - 6 hrs.
Day 14: Trek Dira Phuk (5,120m) - 6 to 7 hrs.
Day 15: Trek Drolma La (5,636m) & Zutrul Phuk (4,810m) - 9 hrs.
Day 16: Trek Darchen (4,675m) - 3 hrs & Lake Manasarovar (4,560m) - 1 hr.
Day 17: Paryang (4,750m) - 6 hrs.
Day 18: Saga (4,600m) - 6 hrs.
Day 19: Nyalam (3,750m) - 8 hrs.
Day 20: Kathmandu (1,300m) - 7 hrs.
NOTE: Tour to Lhasa can be added in this tour and trek
Please note: The published itinerary is a statement of intent and to be used as a guide only. The guide in charge of your trip will alter the schedule if conditions necessitate and any/all such alterations are at our discretion and your guide. You can book a private departure for dates that suit you or we can tailor-make a tour to fit your dates & interests. Private departures (minimum 4 travelers) available April to October.
- Accommodation as per itinerary, Chengdu, Kathmandu, Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse are twin share. Other accommodation twin or multi share
- Land transport as per itinerary
- All airport transfers
- Sightseeing as per itinerary: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Drepung, Sera, Pelkor Choede, Tashilumpo, Sakya and Mt Kailash
- English speaking interpreter/guide
- Permits & vehicle fees
- Personal expenses such as drinks, postage, laundry and souvenirs
- International flights and departure taxes
- Visa and passport fees
- Travel insurance
- Emergency evacuation
- Tips and gratuities
- Costs arising from unforeseen events outside of our control (e.g. Landslides)